- Read and follow the directions on your bear's care label. These supersede any information you'll read here or elsewhere. When in doubt, consult a professional.
- Don't use harsh detergents or cleaners on washable bears.
- Keep bear out of direct sunlight to help prevent fading.
- Keep bear away from moisture/mist/water/liquids, to prevent mildewing and mold.
- Dust bear regularly.
- Insect damage can happen in even the cleanest homes. Check bear regularly for signs of infestation.
- Keep bear away from heat/fire sources.
- Check for loose pieces (arm sockets, eyes, nose, etc.) Fix any issues as soon as practicable.
- Protect bear from the elements.
- Don't store bear in plastic: it encourages mold growth.
- Lynne Guimond Sabean