Don't get your tinsel in a tangle! Janusian Gallery and Heavenly Peace offer these tips to help you stay happy, healthy, and grateful during the upcoming holiday season:
- "Good enough" is good enough. Lighten up, relax your attitude, and enjoy the season. Don't make things harder on yourself than they have to be.
- Indulge (within limits). Deprival makes you want what you're restricting even more.
- Give time and/or money to charity. It makes you feel good and reduces cortisol levels.
- Don't let the clutter pile up. A clean and organized view has a calming effect.
- Get plenty of sleep. It's essential to your health and well-being. Among its many benefits are healing and repair of your body, improved memory / alertness, and better quality of life.
- Shop (and wrap) early. There'll likely be fewer shoppers, it'll take less time, and you may get better prices.
- Don't overcommit to social events. It's OK to say no: you don't have to go to everything.
- Recharge your battery. Go for a walk. (Shopping doesn't count.) Participate in a favorite hobby. Take a warm bath.
- Be flexible. Unexpected things can and do happen.
- Count your blessings. It'll keep you keep things in perspective. Odds are, you're luckier than you think.
- Lynne Guimond Sabean